Agonizomai: James White on The New Testament Documents

Saturday, November 14, 2009

James White on The New Testament Documents

Here again is Dr. James White - this time in an interview on the program "Ancient Paths". This material is very technical for the average reader, but it does contain some things that will help in seeing how the New Testament documents came down to us, how reliable they are and how apostates, heretics and atheists never cease to attack with what are often largely proven to be specious arguments.

Men like Dr. White labor in the deep dark dungeons of textual criticism, language interpretation and apologetic debate because the light must shine in every dark corner of this world, bringing honor and glory to Christ. I couldn't do it. Maybe you can't do it. But God has raised faithful men who can. Here's one of them...




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the James White interview. He seems to be one of those people who can read something and retain it forever- he has all these facts at his fingertips and knows what the other guy is going to say before he says it. Instead of being jealous, I'll be grateful for scholars like him, who do the hard theological homework for me. All I can do without making a fool of myself is to tell people that any changes from the original manuscripts don't change who Jesus says He is or the good news of the gospel.

10:06 am  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Roxylee,

I agree with what you say about White, but he didn't get there apart from a lot of hard work and study. He does his homework (unlike me when I was a kid).

As I said and as you noted, God raises up people to do the really hard theological stuff and to labor in the difficult areas. And they pay a price - just look at Dr. White's hair (if you can).

Blessings,


Tony

1:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If laboring in difficult areas makes one go bald, how come all mothers aren't bald by the time their children are 20?

And you still have hair so logic tells me that JW is just trying to be cool with the saved head look that's so popular these days.

But I could be wrong, as so often is the case.

1:39 pm  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Roxylee,

It's all in the genes.

And in Dr. White's case I think the same holds true.

Tony

1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home