Agonizomai: Mission Accomplished

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Mission Accomplished
Here is an excerpt from something by Shai Linne. I've posted stuff from him in the past (Dec, 2008) but I'm recovered enough now to post something else. My traditionalized white Anglo Saxon brain wants to dislike this but can't. O wretched man that I am! This man is preaching truth to a part of the culture I barely know exists. Isn't God wonderful!





If you have trouble with the link in the applet you can listen to the full song here. I hate rap and I still recommend it, if only for the words.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought i'd see the day when you'd post rap. Too funny! but this is good-the teen loves rap. I'm going to email her this song, in it's entirety. Maybe it will sunk in.

7:05 am  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Roxylee,

I felt like I was trapped in a Jim Carey movie, trying to stop my alter-ego from doing what my other self so desperately wanted to prevent.

I'm not sure that "overhearing" theological argument about the nuances of doctrines of grace is the absolutely best means of bringing the gospel to those outside the church. Some may just be caught up in the groovy beat (Doh! -did I just say "groovy" and alienate a whole generation of kids?), but there is sufficient gospel and scripture in this to make it useful in God's hands and timing.

Blessings,


Tony

2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home