Agonizomai: Orthodox Orthodoxy

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Orthodox Orthodoxy
Anything can become our idol. Even our theology, if we are not careful, can be the thing we bow down to in place of the Son of God Who died for us. That is because we can value even orthodox belief above God Himself. This is not endorsing postmodern relativism, but is, rather, a reminder that God alone IS completely orthodox - or, as the word implies "correct in doctrine" or "right in belief". All others err, usually in matters they themselves are blind to. I am a heretic in some areas, just like everyone else, and I need faithful people to tell me when I am.

Gleanings 16.108


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good, Tony. Are the "Gleanings" excerpts your own writing, or someone else's? I'm not familiar with the name. Thanks.

2:03 pm  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Barry,

Welcome to the blog and thanks for taking the time to comment.

The "Gleanings" are my own - usually excerpts from my devotional commentaries on various books of the Bible.

In the past I blogged them under the nom-de-plume of "Harlan Ames" but some poor reader wasted a bunch of time fruitlessly trying to find him on the internet. After that I decided to blog them under my own name.

There are about 16 volumes of 40 or so gleanings. Those that I consider not to be too heretical make it to the blog. [/smile]

I think the name "Gleanings" was used by A.W. Pink in the past so I may have picked it up from him, bless his High Calvinist heart.


Blessings,


Tony

2:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of Pink immediately ("bless his High Calvinist heart!") when I saw the name Gleanings, but the excerpts seemed more Hayling-ish than Pink-ish. Thanks, Tony.

12:32 pm  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Barry,

Both Hayling and Harlan thank you and declare "You are welcome!"


Blessings,


Tony

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home