Agonizomai: How Deep the Father's Love

Monday, October 12, 2009

How Deep the Father's Love
I am a bit of an old curmudgeon and have a predilection for my traditions, yet I do find this Stuart Townsend song to be one of the few modern songs that utterly buckles my knees and moves my heart towards Christ. I cry every time I play it.

The doctrine within it is solid and the thoughts are so near to my own that I am ministered to with every hearing. It's a song I WANT to sing along with no matter how I feel at the moment. Townsend rightly includes Christ's death AND resurrection and firmly asserts the substitutionary atonement in simple words that are pure Biblical truth.

This is what the writer to the Hebrews is trying to remind them of - God's surpassing love in Jesus Christ and the supreme, finished and everlasting sacrifice that He came in order to be.






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song... It's a blessing to hear it first thing in the morning. Thank you. It's getting challenge to find a doctrinally correct song that we can sing every line.

9:44 am  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Roxylee,

I know what you mean, but some of the older hymns are a bit dodgy, too. I sort of edit them in my mind as a I go along - probably the same way you do.

Blessings,


Tony

10:07 am  
Blogger The Blainemonster said...

This modern hymn is indeed SOLID. Bursting with truth, compelling, convicting, inspiring.

1:24 pm  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Blainemonster,

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to add your appreciation for this wonderful praise song.

Blessings,


Tony

1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home