Agonizomai: Blog Update

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blog Update
It may seem to some as if we have been dawdling around forever in a sort of introductory phase without getting to the red meat of this early part of Romans. It's probably on account of this that subscriptions have dwindled a bit. O well! It is what it is. I could no more skip the beautiful evidence of the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of God's Apostle, as seen in the totally unself-conscious fruit displayed in his writing, than I could pass over the terrible truths about human nature that are coming up in the following posts. So put your hard hats on!

There are about 44 more posts to go that deal specifically with the first three chapters of Romans. This will take about 15 weeks and should bring us into early March, 2009.

After that there is likely going to be a study on 'Letters to Seven Churches' about the first three chapters of Revelation, followed by a smaller study of Malachi and then something massive on Hebrews.

At some point I will probably switch my template over from the old blogger to the new one. This will cause some disruption - most likely in the way things look rather than in whether or not things get posted. It might take me a while to get things right. Remember, "tribulation works patience", right?

2 Comments:

Blogger ndmb said...

Your intro included one of the best posts I've read of yours so I don't know what those people are waitin' for! :)

I'm looking forward to the Revelation and Hebrews series as well because Kim and I just read those together. I'd love to read the Hayling commentary.

Nick

6:11 am  
Blogger THEOparadox said...

Tony,

Did you say Hebrews? I'll try to contain myself. I agree with ndmb's comment above, you've done a great job with the background material. We must always deal faithfully with the text, whether it is encouraging or tough. There are parts of the Bible that are just plain funny, and that's the best way to approach them. A talking donkey rebuking a mercenary prophet, for example. And there are parts that should make us fall on the floor and weep for hours. Paul opens Romans with some great, encouraging stuff, and that just makes it that much more impactful when we drop off the cliff with the words, "The wrath of God is being revealed..." Keep up the great work! God will bring the increase for His own glory in His own time. But continue to speak what is fitting for sound doctrine.

Grace & peace,
Derek

1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home