Agonizomai: His Yoke is Easy - Roxylee

Saturday, January 02, 2010

His Yoke is Easy - Roxylee

Here's sister in Christ Roxylee singing a song from her site particularly suited to the theme of Hebrews. It's not about what we do, but about what Christ has done for us. I particularly appreciate the line about "saving me from me". That's what all people need and what Christ provides for all who believe on Him. Enjoy and be blessed...

His Yoke is Easy

So many years, and I’m finally learning
I’ve been in the dark all my life
While searching for meaning
And struggling with sin
Never seeming to live without strife

There had to be more, than just growing older
Disappointment was my constant friend
I thought “What’s the point?”
We’re just doing time,
Being turned to dust when it all ends

Then I heard His voice calling into my darkness
Could this kind of love really be?
Someone who would know me
And cherish me deeply
Someone who’d save me from me

CHORUS:
It’s not about working
to keep the commandments
In His love you will want to live right
When His Spirit is in you
You will be empowered
His yoke is easy His burden is light


I tried to please everyone,
then sought to please God
And for a time, I felt strong
But the laws they laid on me
Were too hard to keep
My victories didn’t last long

I didn’t know grace was the power I needed
To overcome all here on Earth
Too many years
Being run by emotions
My soul didn’t know it’s own worth

CHORUS

A saved man believes and receives the gift of life
He will quickly repent and forgive,
humbly seeking God’s wisdom with all of his heart
This is the man who will live

We will fall down and fail
When we walk in our own strength
It will happen again and again
The victory eternal
Is only in Jesus
He’ll accept you, wherever you’ve been

CHORUS



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise to see you've posted this. Thank you, Tony. Happy New Year!

11:12 am  
Blogger agonizomai said...

RL,

You're welcome. There are a few more in the pipe for posting between now and the end of Hebrews, some time in late April.

Blessings,


Tony

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home