Agonizomai: Sermon of the Week<br>The Peacemaker - Joseph Losardo

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sermon of the Week
The Peacemaker - Joseph Losardo

I have to admit that I didn't do a very good job recently making the case for the active obedience of Christ. I think it was partly because I got it into my head that proof-texting someone who didn't agree with the doctrine would not help until that person saw the bigger picture. A friend told me that I ought to refer to scripture more and I didn't listen. I was stuck on concepts. He was probably right.

But the whole concept of active obedience is also a matter of systematics - like the Trinity or the TULIP. Such things are constructs garnered from the whole counsel of scripture. In this sermon you will find the doctrine of the active obedience of Christ seamlessly integrated into the sermon in the appropriate place because Reformed believers historically and rightly have always held to it as accurately representative of Christ's justifying work, along with His passive obedience. However, active obedience isn't Losardo's main message. His focus is the peace of God.

This is Losardo's text:

Ephesians 2:14-17: For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. 17 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near.

The Peacemaker - Joseph Losardo


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home