Agonizomai: A Prayer Request

Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Prayer Request
Some of you already know that my son-in-law died suddenly a year ago last August, when he drove his motor scooter into the back of a city truck in Vancouver. He was a great person. Over 700 people from all over the world attended his funeral. His life had touched hundreds for good in his church and his community. He was, perhaps, careless in the end, but God purposed even that carelessness for good, to call him home.

My daughter, who is a believer, has been and still is, going through the grieving process with her two children, now aged 7 and 14. Subject to all the human elements, including the roller coaster of questions and feelings, she has been trusting God throughout and, as a result, growing in grace and in her knowledge of Him - and I thank God for these blessings. Here is a picture of the whole family.


There remains, however, one especial difficulty which is having a serious effect on her health and peace for which I ask my readers and listeners to intercede in prayer - and that is this:

My daughter and her husband are/were both veterinarians. Just prior to his death, my son-in-law had bought into a local practice and, for technical reasons, my daughter was a silent partner in his participation. Soon after his death it became clear that the partnership at the practice was going to go out of its way to take advantage of the situation and make it difficult for my daughter to recover a fair value for their investment. This has been confirmed in many ways since then, through demonstrated evidence of a deliberate spirit of noncooperation, obfuscation, delay and obstruction - presumably in the hope that she will either go away or settle for way less than she is due.

I can't think of anything more wicked or more likely to attract the wrath of God than to willfully add to the suffering of widows and orphans through greed. Though it is hard, I believe she has been praying for them. But now her health is beginning to fail and she is losing her way.

Cutting to the chase, I am asking for your prayers for her and the children - for a fair, equitable and timely resolution to the whole matter - and for forgiveness and light for my daughter's antagonists.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very sad. I 'll pray.

12:04 am  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Rachel,

Thank you for your support in Christ for our sister, my daughter.

Blessings,


Tony

6:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home