Agonizomai: A Reality Check

Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Reality Check
Today's "Quote of the Day" will be my 230th post in just under 4 months, excluding two weeks I took off to visit the UK. Today is also the last of my writing on 2Peter - which brings me to the question of "What now?"

I expect that my blog contains too little of the personal and too much of the devotional to be of much benefit to people - even the few that stumble across my site. I don't invest in all of those techniques that Blogger says would generate traffic. I don't write in a way that invites interaction. I neither have nor covet a following of cheerleaders. It's not me. Though I can see that there are some who are blessed with a wide circle of ineterested friends and readers. To these I say, "God bless you."

All this means that I will probably wind down this blog in the near future. It has become a bit of a god in a way. I have enslaved myself to making a daily post. It encroaches on my private time of Bible Study and devotions. My motives are suspect. To my few friends who do follow this blog I hope you have been blessed by God in something that was said here.

In the next few weeks my blogging frequency will most likely decline. I want to finish out a 6 month stint before stopping altogether, but what the blog will look like after today I can't say.

Blessings to all,

My moniker - that's John Henry to Americans

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

If I remember right all these 2 Peter posts are coming from something you had already put together for a Sunday School class? If you have any other studies like this, where you've already done the work, please post it up. If it doesn't take you too much trouble. Like "willmania" I have enjoyed these daily readings thru 2 Peter too. :)

12:25 pm  
Blogger agonizomai said...

Willmania and Denise,

It is a thrill to me that even one person received a blessing from our great and faithful God through anything that was written by my hands. Just as each child of the King is equally precious in His sight. He knows our life and needs better than we know our ouselves. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I have been studying and writing almost non-stop for 5 years now and it is not for lack of material that I am slowing down. There are studies in Jonah, Ephesians, Philippians, Romans and Revelation that have either been taught or were intended for that purpose.

It's just that I find it impossible to blog without finding that I actually want the feedback that I like to think of myself as being beyond. It is a struggle with hypocrisy. Then there are other stumbling blocks about blogging that I have not shared - and may never do so.

I started out with the mindset that it was all about Jesus and it so easily becomes about writing and posting and pleasing others instead of God. I suppose all God's people have to come to terms with the corrupted means through which His will is done. "We have this treasure in earthen vessels in order that the it may be seen that the transcendant power belongs to God."

I think that study in Jonah is small enough to blog in under 2 months - even if I don't post every single day. And so long as one person has expressed a desire I am constrained by God to move forward and meet it.

Blessings to all,

Tony

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home