Agonizomai: How to Be Humble Without Knowing It

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

How to Be Humble Without Knowing It
Okay. So the last few posts have been a tad on the polemical side. Today I'm going to post a piece with a lighter touch. It is a story that was given whole to me in the middle of the night. I still had to write it - to use pencraft to get it into a readable shape - but the concept was what I can only describe as "inspired". It's a weird feeling to be moved like that. Most of the time putting pen to paper is hard work. Sometimes it is well nigh impossible work. Occasionally it is absolutely fruitless. In this case it was simply a matter of taking what I was given and getting my own overlay on it out of the way in order to express it in its purest form.

What follows is a parable about humility. Not the sort of pietistic humility that contrives to be seen of men. Nor yet the humility that we strive to attain and end up congratulating ourselves. This is about the sort of humility that comes from a gradually revealed understanding of Who it is that is all in all. The closer we move towards the light, the more we see our own darkness. It's that sort of humility I'm talking about. Read on below - "God's Navy".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home