Agonizomai: The Spirit Working in the Body

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Spirit Working in the Body
James Spurgeon (Howling Coyote) posted an interesting piece called "Alien Righteousness" on his blog on August 26/2005. He captures for me the simple truth that we stand not in our own righteousness, but in that of the Lord our God and Saviour. It is particulary encouraging when a brother in the Lord, indwelt by the same Spirit of Truth, is led to express that truth in ways that have spoken already to my own heart.

Several years ago it was laid on my heart to pen a similar piece called "The Prayer of a Righteous Man". At the time I wondered, "Am I on the right track? Have I gone awry in this area? Is this really what the Spirit is saying in the Word?" But when God shows that He has moved in the heart of another saint to show him the same truth then my heart is lifted up for joy. For it is at that moment that I recognize Who it is in us both, witnessing to Himself. Wonder of wonders, for truly all things are from Him and through Him and to Him. It is good to glimpse this, if only for a moment.

For those who are interested, my own piece follows below this post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Momo said...

Hey ony, thanks for linking my blogpost. I'm glad it was a blessing to you. Yes, the Spirit of God has been leading his people into the truths of his word for 2000 years. Glory to Him!

11:35 am  
Blogger Momo said...

Did I leave out the 'T' in your name?

:)

11:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home